Tuesday, December 22, 2009

5 Months


So, I am running a little behind on my 5 month post....let's just blame it on Christmas :)  Wyatt thinks he is such a big boy now that he is 5 months.  He is really starting to move and wants to grab/get into everything!  I can already tell that we will be in trouble soon! :)  He is only cranky when hungry and/or really tired and is a complete joy to be around.  He makes me smile everyday and I feel so lucky to be his mommy!

Some things Wyatt is doing this month

- Sitting unassisted for short periods of time using his arms for support...loves to sit supported by the boppy and play with his toys

- Still loves the jumparoo and his playmat

- Likes to lay on his back and play with his feet

- so far has ate rice cereal, baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes (loved!), and avocado (tolerated).  On this note, I am attempting to make my own baby food.  So far, it has been pretty easy, but he has only had 2 foods, so we will see how it goes as we continue to introduce more :)

-continues to nurse well and frequently :)

- turns on his side but hasn't quite rolled over yet

- loves to pet and watch the dogs

- usually sleeps from 10p to 5-6a, quick feed, then back to sleep until 8-9a (occasionally skips the feed and sleeps through)  Struggles a little with naps some days...he doesn't want to miss anything!  Most days he takes 3-4 naps ranging from 15 minutes-2 hours (see what I mean!).  I am not complaining though...as long as he sleeps at night, I am happy :)

- makes lots of sounds, laughs alot, and has discovered his (happy) scream and fake cough :) 

We are looking forward to Wyatt's first Christmas in just a few days!  Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday!!  Merry Christmas!

 

No comments: