Wednesday, July 8, 2009

40 Week Doctor Appt

I had my final doctor's appt today. The bad news is that I had no more progress from last week even after working the last 2 nights! My belly is only measuring at 34, but she said it is probably because he has dropped. My doctor gave me the option to go ahead with an induction at the end of this week or beginning of next week. We decided to go ahead this week, since she is available and before he continues to get bigger and more difficult to come out! :) So, I am going to the hospital tomorrow (Thursday) evening to start Cytotec (cervix ripening medicine) and then will start Pitocin (contraction medicine) on Friday morning and hopefully have a baby by sometime Friday afternoon/evening!! We are excited and nervous! It is hard to believe that this will be our last night at home without a baby! Derek is planning to have the laptop at the hospital with us so he can be updating the blog and let everyone know when Wyatt makes his big debut. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that everything goes well, and Wyatt arrives safe and healthy :) Thanks!!

Sorry for no pictures this post, I will try to take one last belly picture tomorrow..then on to more exciting baby pictures!

3 comments:

Scott, Emily, Cara and Will said...

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to the updates over the next couple of days! Good luck! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

The Cobb Family said...

This is great news! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of Wyatt!

Andrea said...

So, so excited for you all! I'll be thinking & praying for you!