Monday, July 13, 2009

Hospital Pics

Our hospital stay was pretty uneventful and we were able to go home 48 hours after Wyatt was born. All of his tests have come back normal so far and he appears to be a very healthy baby. He is moderately tongue-tied, just like his mama :) The main concern with this is that it can make breastfeeding more difficult. He seems to be doing pretty well so far, so we are going to wait and see how it goes before deciding to clip it. I just couldn't bring myself to put him through another procedure after the circumcision! So far, he has been pretty laid back and only gets really upset with diaper changes because of the circ. He really likes to be held and cuddled and even holds his own pacifier in his mouth! He is a little jaundiced but still within acceptable limits so we will do a little sunning at home and hope that helps enough. While in the hospital, Wyatt had many visitors. He was able to meet all 4 of his grandparents, 4 of his great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends!

I have been recovering well. The first day was a little rough because I was up all night laboring, then never really able to sleep with everything going on...it didn't help that I couldn't stop staring at the little man :) I lost alot of blood in the first 24 hours...my hemoglobin dropped from 12 pre-delivery to 7.9. Thankfully, the bleeding slowed down and my doctor didn't make me have a transfusion since I wasn't really symptomatic (sorry if that is TMI for anyone!). I get a little dizzy if standing up too quick but hopefully the iron supplements and time will help get it back to normal. I was surprised by how sore all my muscles were in my arms and neck the next day from pushing during labor! It still feels like I lifted about 1,000 weights :)

Derek has been a great new daddy. He stayed at the hospital the whole time and is doing well with his new daddy duties. His first diaper change, Wyatt pooped all over the place, but he handled it with ease :) We are thankful that he is taking the week off work to stay home with us!

Wyatt getting his first bath

Heading to our postpartum room an hour after birth




Daddy's first diaper change...it was a messy one!



Wyatt has a bit of a baby mullet...a little sparce on top and long in the back :)


Holding tight to his paci

Snuggle time with mom...isn't he so sweet!!

3 comments:

The Bush Family said...

Wyatt is adorable! Congrats to your family of THREE!!!

Scott, Emily, Cara and Will said...

Thanks for all the updates! You all look great and happy!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie. He seriously is so handsome!