Friday, August 7, 2009

Growing Boy

So I have been running a little behind on my blog updates...I have found it is a little more difficult with Wyatt around! He keeps me pretty busy! I haven't quite figured out how to type one-handed very well, so the blog has suffered :) Right now, he is laying in my lap asleep, so let's hope it lasts...
Time is flying, just like everyone said it would! Wyatt is 4 weeks old today...too bad the last 4 weeks of pregnancy didn't go this fast :) He is getting so big already! He has outgrown alot of his newborn outfits, mainly in length. He loves to eat, but is not a very good burper, which means that I spend alot of time with him on my chest trying to keep him from spitting up. Which, he usually ends up doing anyway :) Sometimes, I feel like that is all I get done is feeding and burping him. I have been lucky that he has taken well to breastfeeding. The bad news is that I have discovered that his tummy is sensitive to dairy...and I love to eat ice cream in the evenings! However, I have decided that the ice cream is not worth being up half the night with a baby with a tummy ache (it is still tempting at times!).
He had his first pediatrician appt when he was 6 days old and proved to be very healthy! Here are the stats from that visit:
weight: 7lbs 3oz (32nd percentile)
length: 21 in (90th percentile!)
OFC: 32 1/2 cm (7th percentile)
So, looks like we have a tall skinny boy with a small head :) Since he had gained enough weight since birth, we don't go back for a weight check until 1 month old, which is next week. I can't wait to see how much he has grown. I am guessing that he weighs around 8 1/2 or 9 lbs now. Here are some pics:

Where I spend most of my time! And of course the dogs have to be right where Wyatt is all the time :)

Check out my moves!

Look how good I am at tummy time!


Sitting with Daddy.


Hanging out with the Bell twins, Julianna and Jacey :)

Showing off my bird legs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lace, He is seriously SOOOOO cute!!!