Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bmac's Granny

It has been a rough week for my family. We found out last Thursday that my mom has a brain tumor. We met with the neurosurgeon on Monday to discuss the plan for treatment. He is pretty sure that it is a type of tumor called an ependymoma. The treatment is surgery to remove the tumor. So, my mom will be undergoing surgery in the next few weeks. Once the tumor is removed, it will be biopsied and we will know if further treament (radiation and/or chemo) are needed. There is also a possibility that he will not be able to remove all of the tumor because it is up against the brain stem. Please keep my mom in your prayers because she wants to be healthy and ready for Bmac's arrival in 18-19 weeks! Thanks and we love you Mom!!

5 comments:

Chris & Kitty Bishop said...

Oh Lacey and Derek, I'm so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you! On a side note, love all the stuff for the nursery, the colors are gorgeous and Lacey, lovin' that little teeny tiny tum you got :)

Andrea said...

Matt & I will be praying for your entire family! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Lace, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for her and your family.
I love the nursery stuff. Cute;0)

Lindsay said...

We will be thinking of and praying for you!! Lovin' the nursery stuff and that cute little bump of yours!!!

Andrea and Bob said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the next few weeks go smoothly for you guys.