Wednesday, April 22, 2009

There's no place like home...

I got home from the hospital around 11 pm Tuesday night. It was so great to sleep in my own bed and I finally got some rest! Feeling better, still having some back pain and minor cramping, but it seems to be getting better. Guess I'll be hanging out on the couch with my water jug for a few days :)
In other news, my mom is having another surgery today :( Her spinal fluid is not draining properly from her head so it is building up causing her more headaches, nausea, and lots of leaking from her incision. They are putting in a shunt to drain the fluid. Hopefully, it will just be an overnight hospital stay and she can get back on track for her recovery.
Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers as always! My family is certainly doing their part to keep the local hospitals in business these days :)

1 comment:

Scott, Emily, Cara and Will said...

So sorry to hear about your mom! Hope she recovers quickly and they get the problem fixed! You take care and call me if you need ANYTHING!